Why do I need a fee protection service?
HMRC enquiry activity is at record levels, as they’ve been tasked with increasing tax revenues and have been granted wider powers of enquiry, carrying out Business Record Checks, Compliance Visits and Interventions covering all taxes. Anyone that pays tax can come under enquiry, and many enquiries are selected completely at random. Fee protection insurance helps protect you from this. Even if your tax return and business records are accurate and the taxman finds no errors, accountancy fees can cost thousands.
Our fee protection has no policy excess, a no nonsense policy covering you for dealing with any correspondence from HMRC and attendance at any meeting with HMRC.
Our specialist Fee Protection Insurance Team
What does fee protection cover?
Fee protection covers
- Bishop Fleming will defend you should you receive an enquiry from HMRC.
- Professional defence costs are often substantial
- These costs will be covered by Bishop Fleming’s policy
- Includes cover for HMRC visits as well as written enquiries
- Includes complementary access to Employment Law and Health & Safety advice lines
- Bishop Fleming will deal with any claims
Fee protection does not cover
- Routine compliance work, eg. preparing your tax return
- Any tax, interest or penalties due
- Criminal prosecutions and fraud
- Enquiries commenced prior to subscribing to the service
- How Do I Join And What Does It Cost?
Related Services & Sectors
You’ve earned it, we try to help you keep it.